Saturday, March 01, 2008

Post-Krens Thread Up on Artworld Salon



A discussion thread on the resignation of Thomas Krens as director of the Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, and its potential ramifications in the art world and for museum culture, has been posted on Artworld Salon.

Although the site is a moderated discussion board to which only pre-approved individuals may post directly, interested parties may send their responses to comments@artworldsalon.com. These will then be examined by an editorial board for possible inclusion.

Any thoughts?

1 Comments:

Blogger Sweetcake Enso said...

Hi, Steven, yes, the Artworld Salon thread should be going strong, but so far there is only one very juicy comment and your reply. I emailed the site and my email was kicked back because, I assume, it is so jammed with people wishing to comment. "Mailbox full," or something akin to that, was the automatic reply. So, are you being bombarded by disgruntled Krens employees, or future dynasty rulers? What's going on behind the secret back door? Curious. the one reply you do have is quite impressive a response, so I know people are reading it.

But I also wanted to let you know that I linked to your Artworld commentary on my own blog entry, which describes the current Guggenheim exhibit as strained and buckling under the same pressures as its host institution. No surprise there. Shamelessly:Catherine's Art Tours I think you will like reading it.

Monday, March 03, 2008 1:23:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home